Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: http-date.nse

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 22:30:40 +0100

Hi Joao,

As you state, your patch is only slightly different to the one I sent to the
list, but yours looks slightly better in my opinion. However, I would like
to suggest you add a Content-Length header to the POST request. I don't
think it's technically required as part of any standard (although they're
mostly ambiguous), but it sounds like [1] some implementations expect to see
one (and may return "411 Length Required" if it's missing).

Rob

[1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1867.html