Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Yokoso-devel] Updates to http-enum.nse

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 00:32:26 -0700

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 12:38:27PM -0400, Kevin Johnson wrote:
On Aug 21, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Ron wrote:

I am one of the lead developers for Yokoso! so I thought I should
respond to some of these points here.

Thanks for chiming in!  As Ron mentioned, we enjoyed your talk at
Defcon.

As the guy who created the "format" of the fingerprint file, I think
its important to realize that it was just a file.  I like the idea of
something similar to the nikto DB where we include the status code we
expect and a description on the same line.  Comments could then be
used for notes to end users and ignored by scripts.

Nikto is a good comparison.

format as the Yokoso project (by Kevin Johnson and others, from
Intel Guardians).

BTW its InGuardians.  Not relevant to this discussion but important to
me. :-)

Oops, I forgot that IntelGuardians changed their name to InGuardians
last year.  I do like the new name better.

We currently use the GPL for Yokoso! but have no problems with the
NMAP license and would love to see it included with that in NMAP.

Thanks, that works for us.

Thanks for including us, and if there are more questions feel free to
ask!

Thank you!

-Fyodor