Nmap Development mailing list archives

Query Related to NMap v5.0

From: Prasad Kamath <prasadvkamath1 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:05:53 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Friends,

I have a query related to NMap and I hope you will spare some time from your busy schedule to help me out.

I am using NMap v5.0 and I am using the local Tata Indicom wireless CDMA Internet connection. I realized that NMap
doesn't work / scan over my wireless network because when I tried the same installable from a wired LAN, it worked. Is
there any way I can make NMap work over a wireless CDMA network or a wi-fi network? Even the Nessus server cannot
register over the Tata Indicom wireless netwrok. Any way to make both of these tools work?

I am the local administrator. This is the error message NMap throws:

WARNING: Using raw sockets because ppp2 is not an ethernet device. This probably won't work on Windows.

socket troubles in UltraScanInfo::Init: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access
permissions.

 (10013)