Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status Report #17 of 17

From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:08:01 +0100

Hi!

Sorry I'm late with the report. I totally forgot about it! Well, it's
been a pleasure working for Nmap/Nping this summer, I had a really good
time.  I'll be around so I guess I'll see u guys on the list. Take care!

Luis MartinGarcia.

Here are some of the accomplishments of last week and priorities
for the future:

Accomplishments:

* Fixed a bug that caused Nping to not show some ICMP messages
  (destination unreachable, time exceeded, etc).
* Worked on IPv6 support.
* Added support for IPv6 packet display in ippkthdrinfo()
* Added support for CTRL-C statistics
* Fixed a "divide by zero bug" in stats display.
* Improved internal code documentation to make future maintenance
  easier.
* Implemented signal() detection in configure script, thanks to
  David Fifield.
* Made Rx time more accurate taking into account that we wait for
   a bit after the last probe is sent.
* Implemented functions to parse Linux /proc files so we can determine
  IPv6 routes in GNU/Linux systems.
* Modified verbosity levels as someone suggested in nmap-dev. Now
  verbosity levels range from -4 to 4, starting from 0, so users can
  either make nping more verbose or make it more quiet.
* Added some missing documentation to the man page.
* Added the ability to detect current operating system.
* Minor bugfixes.

Priorities:

* Set up a web page for Nping.
* Release Nping 0.1BETA2