Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: wordlists for Ncrack

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:55:32 +0400

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 02:41:52AM +0300, ithilgore wrote:
Alexander, do we have your permission to use these lists as part of Ncrack's
lists (that are going to shipped with Ncrack)? This applies to having them as
separate lists as well as having some of the passwords in a greater mix of other
passwords. In either case, please inform us about any requirements to include
any license header or anything similar.

The short answer is that, yes, I'm OK with Ncrack including my wordlists
(although perhaps it will be just password.lst).  Further discussion of
specific licensing issues went into private e-mail.  I am posting this
primarily not to leave the message on the list without a comment at all.

Alexander