Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Cisco VPN and nmap...

From: Saro Hayan <saro () arizona edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 17:58:39 -0700

Hello,
I've had this ongoing problem with NMAP since 3.93 on several
different systems.  Currently, I have several systems WinXP SP3 that
are having this issue.  When I use the cisco VPN client (SSL
anyconnect or the IPSec), I always get the following error:

  nexthost: Failed to determine dst MAC address for target x.x.x.x

I've tried several things have relegated to using other portscanners
when using VPN or scanning through a VM through the VPM :)

I am hoping someone here can help with this as I'd love to use nmap
exclusively since I am most comfortable with it.

Thanks
Saro