Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Segfault in nping

From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 16:26:25 +0100

Jack Grahl wrote:
[Luis - it was really good to chat to you last night in the restaurant :)]
jack@lucy:~/c/nping$ sudo ./nping -c 30 192.168.1.254

Hi Jack.

Absolutely, it was nice meeting you guys the other night. I had a lot of
fun.

I just thought about it and I guess this doesn't totally solve the
problem because if you received a "host unreachable" or a
"fragmentation needed" ICMP error from a different host to the
destination, you still need to gather stats on that.

Thanks a lot for the bug report. You are totally right, Nping should
keep stats for ICMP packets coming from any host. I'll work on that this
week.

Again, thanks a lot.

Luis.