Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status report #11 of 17

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 23:05:52 -0600

Accomplishments:
o (Nearly) done with report on NSE Nsock Performance Review.
o Fixed NSE Nsock binding to release socket locks of scripts which
ended without closing sockets. We would rely on GC otherwise. (r14002)
o Fixed many libraries using globals instead of locals (r14080). This
is a widespread issue. I am finishing work on a complex script which
identifies this problem in libraries without requiring manual
inspection.

Priorities:
o Apply (finished) patch to up parallelism after review is posted on nmap-dev.
o Apply (finished) strict.lua patch so that libraries can no longer
set/use undeclared globals outside file scope.
o Performance comparison of http library with a local caching proxy
vs. no caching. (this seems to keep getting pushed back huh? :)
o Other tasks from David.

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"Let all men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely
ford that see the shallows."

- Benjamin Franklin