Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap-dev-only release: Nmap 3.10ALPHA1

From: Sammy Cheng <sammycheng.cmm () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 18:35:58 -0700

Hey,

I'm using Nmap5.00 to perform some scanning in IPv6. And I see this on
screen:
IPv6 support is currently only available for connect() scan (-sT), ping scan
(-sP), and list scan (-sL).  OS detection, random targets and decoys are
also not supported with IPv6.
I've tried to look for some documentation on Nmap5.00, but failed.

However, I've read a documentation about Nmap2.54BETA *Extension of a
network scanning tool with IPv6 features (Nmap),* in which the author
Sebastien Peterson tested all kinds of scans including SYN scan, FIN scan
and so on.
But I ran into some problems when installing Nmap2.54BETA: it always said the
parameter of wait() is not right when executing "make". So I don't know
whether it works as the author said or not.

I'm very confused now. Is there any version of Nmap that can support more
kinds of scan in IPv6?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Yours,
Sammy Cheng