Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Build Nmap-5.00 without sctp support

From: Pawlowski Marcin Piotr <pawlowski.mp () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:20:42 +0200

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:22:59 -0600
David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:26:00AM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
The packets are being sent but I see no output (I am behind nat).
A little problem which arise is that man pages are not compatible
with our man(1), maybe because of something similar to that:
(http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q3/0249.html).
We start patching man pages but the result is a huge diff.

The diff should not be big. All you should have to do is remove the
toupper and SH-xref macros and any calls to them. That worked for
another OpenBSD user.

Yes it will help, but there are also FC, m[blue], m[] tags that are not
recognized so we've written little script to clean them up. Also that
script removes all toupper calls which seems to make it work properly
without removing SH-xref macro.

Cheers,
pmp