Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Two ideas for NSE

From: Michael Pattrick <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 17:13:48 -0400

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM, David Fifield<david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
There's a TODO item to allow doing script scanning without port or ping
scanning. I needed to run whois.nse against a bunch of IPs without ping
scanning them first, and I had to hack the source to do it. Would this
capability work for you?

Yes it would. Perhaps this functionality would be best suited for Nmap
anyways, as it would be easier to facilitate group scanning and
require less work. The main reason I am looking for this feature is I
have increasingly been tricking NSE to run when it would be easier
just to force it to.

-Michael Pattrick