Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE PJL proof of concept

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:57:50 -0700

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:16:43AM -0700, Aaron Leininger wrote:

First, here is my current code (I know it is not elegant but I am
still learning lua and in context of NSE is seemingly hard for me to
debug)

You're doing great!  And PJL is fun stuff to play with.  I think we
should add this as a non-default script when it is ready.  Do you have
ideas for other PJL features it could use/exploit?  The NSEDoc could
use some work to better explain the purpose and usage of this script.

Do you get any sort of response from the printer confirming that the
string was set?  Maybe it is worth issuing a PJL call to request the
current status string to ensure it worked?  It might be even more
useful to do a status call first so that the output can print what the
status code WAS before it was changed.  Among other benefits, that
makes it easier to change it back when you're done horsing around.

Cheers,
-F