Nmap Development mailing list archives

Don't know if this is a bug or not.

From: "Rick Rambo" <RamboRL () Booth-Assoc com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:30:39 -0400

(using Zenmap 4.90RC1)
While scanning our public facing IP range, I got a return on an IP address I
know is not used.  I re-scanned that IP with an Intense scan with TCP.  That
scan identified a Dlink DWL-2100AP wireless access point.

T1 from ISP to their single port router. -> single cable to Bay Stack hub.
Bay hub connects our outward facing devices.  All cables out of hub are
accounted for.

I am emailing our ISP to see if there is possibly a piece of equipment at
their premises, but I would doubt that would be the case.

I did the original scanning with the Version 4 beta I had installed. Is it
possible this is a "false positive"?

I've included the scan results xml file.

.confused
.rick..
--
Rick Rambo