Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Follow up to NMAP on Snow Leopard with VMWARE Fusion installed

From: Norbert Szetei <sine () trip sk>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:03:50 +0200

Hello,

I reported also this problem a few days ago, on fresh show leopard installation (nmap 5.05BETA1) and without vmware.

s.

On Sep 19, 2009, at 1:32 AM, Walt Scrivens wrote:

Sorry, that didn't help.
I killed both of the vmnet interfaces as suggested, and ran a simple nmap scan, with the same results as before. I now have both version 5.0 and 5.05BETA1 installed and can test both of them.

===================
TestComputer:~ walts$ nmap 192.168.1.1

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-09-18 19:29 EDT
Interesting ports on 192.168.1.1:
Not shown: 997 closed ports
PORT   STATE SERVICE
23/tcp open  telnet
53/tcp open  domain
80/tcp open  http

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.40 seconds
TestComputer:~ walts$ sudo nmap 192.168.1.1
Password:

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-09-18 19:29 EDT
Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes, try -PN
Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 0.30 seconds
TestComputer:~ walts$ cd nmap
TestComputer:nmap walts$ ./nmap 192.168.1.1

Starting Nmap 5.05BETA1 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-09-18 19:29 EDT
Warning: File ./nmap-services exists, but Nmap is using /usr/local/ share/nmap/nmap-services for security and consistency reasons. set NMAPDIR=. to give priority to files in your local directory (may affect the other data files too).
Interesting ports on 192.168.1.1:
Not shown: 997 closed ports
PORT   STATE SERVICE
23/tcp open  telnet
53/tcp open  domain
80/tcp open  http

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.26 seconds
TestComputer:nmap walts$ sudo ./nmap 192.168.1.1

Starting Nmap 5.05BETA1 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-09-18 19:30 EDT
Warning: File ./nmap-services exists, but Nmap is using /usr/local/ share/nmap/nmap-services for security and consistency reasons. set NMAPDIR=. to give priority to files in your local directory (may affect the other data files too).

(Had to kill with Ctrl-C)

Walt