Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ftp-brute.nse overhaul

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:07:52 -0400

Hi Fyodor,

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
* Would this be a case to experiment with multi-threaded scripts? Does
that capability exist yet? (I haven't looked into Lua threading)

We talked about this idea during SoC and Patrick had some
implementation ideas.  The main goal was indeed to make the "auth"
scripts faster.  Patrick, can you tell us more about where we stand in
this respect?  I tend to recall that we weren't too far from being
able to do this.

This is all done. I am using the functionality in the spider
module/script which is still in development. I can apply it early now
if Ron would like to use it immediately. I will also apply the
condition variable patch to nse_nmaplib.cc as condition variables are
very necessary for synchronization with worker threads.

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"Let all men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely
ford that see the shallows."

- Benjamin Franklin