Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ranlib error when building nsock examples locally

From: Jay Fink <jay.fink () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:00:27 -0400

Clean checkout works fine.

thanks,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Jay Fink<jay.fink () gmail com> wrote:
I was using an svn checkout;
So here are the steps:

cd nmap
make clean
svn up
./configure
make
sudo make install
cd nmap/libpcap (made sure this had built as the examples need it)
./configure
make
I didn't install at this point because I only needed the libs from
that directory
cd ../nsock/examples
(note that nsock_pcap.c is a file I created, but it compiled fine earlier)
make nsock_pcap

that is when I hit the error. I can try it again from clean sources
tomorrow. I see what you mean, something may have just been off about
the build itself. No crashes... well not yet right :)

thanks.