Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap in the press and at conferences

From: Nils Magnus <magnus () linuxtag org>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 04:34:30 +0200

Hi,

a couple of weeks ago I asked for help from nmap developers wrt magazine
articles and conference participation. Now, I am proud and thankful to
announce the results:

1/ Daniel Roethlisberger wrote an article about the "lesser known siblings" of
nmap, that I published in the printed issue 06/2009 of German Linux-Magazin. I
also pleaded for an online release at my editor-in-chief, since we publish
only a selection of articles online for free. You may read it at

    http://www.linux-magazin.de/Heft-Abo/Ausgaben/2009/06/Alles-inklusive

but it is written in German language. If you can stand a automatic
translation, try

    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.linux-magazin.de/Heft-
Abo/Ausgaben/2009/06/Alles-inklusive&sl=de&tl=en

(all in one line). There might be a translation to the english (US, UK),
spanish, or portoguese issues, but I can't promise that. Thanks, Daniel, for
the nice overview!

2/ David Fifield stepped forward and handed in an proposal for the security
track of LinuxTag. David is going to talk about "Work and Play with Nmap and
Friends" on Friday, June 26, 2009, 3 pm in Berlin, Germany. Learn more about
the program at

    http://www.linuxtag.org/2009/en/program/freies-vortragsprogramm.html

(the actual schedule will be published probably later this night). Great to
have you with us, David!

3/ Last but not least, I learned earlier today from the publishers at Open
Source Press that the German translation of Fyodor's book made it back from
the printer. I am very keen to hold a physical copy in my hands in a few days.
I wrote a short review a couple of issues ago about the English issue for the
printed German Linux-Magazin, but unfortunately it is not available online.
Fyodor, you made a really helpful book!

Thank you all for your great support,

Regards,

--