Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE suggestion

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:47:46 -0700

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:57:48AM -0400, Michael Pattrick wrote:
Hello list,

I find it kind of odd that NSE offers functions to send raw ethernet
frames but no good way to get the next hop mac address; or am I
missing something? I suggest that another LUA variable is added under
the 'nmap' class which reveals the next hop MAC address for the
current host.

Good idea!  Do you want to write a patch?  Unless someone suggests a
better way, it sounds like it is worth applying.  I would like to see
the raw packet sending and sniffing NSE functionality used more, as a
lot of fun can be had with that!

Cheers,
-F