Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Runtime error with nmap 4.85 BETA 6

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:53:21 -0600

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 10:41:53AM -0400, henry.nymann () valeosylvania com wrote:
I have just begun working with Nmap, and Zenmap, and have so far worked
with beta 5 (yesterday) and today tried beta 6.  With both versions when I
am using the topology tab and click on the "hosts viewer" button, or when
using the information option for clicking on hosts and then click on a
host, the window with the host information begins to appear and then I
receive an error pop-up with the following information:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:  C:\Program Files\Nmap\zenmap.exe

way.

I am running on a Windows XP professional with SP2 environment, 2GB ram,
and dual monitors.  My search for this error only showed an entry regarding
beta 3.  Is there a solution for this that I missed?

I can't reproduce this with XP SP3. What are the circumstances that
cause it to happen? Does it happen when clicking the Hosts Viewer before
running a scan? What is the command line that you used?

David Fifield