Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Getting errormsg in scan_engine.cc

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:45:32 -0600

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:23:29AM +0200, Dieter Van der Stock wrote:
I'm pretty new to this list, so I'm not sure if I should send it here. But
here goes:

This is the right place to send error reports.

When I try to scan our testnetwork like so:
 nmap -p 1-65535 -oX testnetwerk.xml 10.10.0.0/17
I get output for about 10 hosts, but then the following error message
appears and the scan stops:
   nmap: scan_engine.cc:1684: bool
ultrascan_port_pspec_update(UltraScanInfo*, HostScanStats*, const
probespec*, int): Assertion `0' failed.

What version of Nmap are you using? The function
ultrascan_port_pspec_update does have an assert(0) in it, but it is no
longer near line 1684. If you are building from a checkout, try running
"make distclean" and compiling from scratch.

David Fifield