Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat proxy authentication

From: Thomas Buchanan <tbuchanan () thecompassgrp net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:09:02 -0500

David Fifield wrote:

Thanks. I am always forgetting that the Microsoft compiler doesn't
automatically promote void pointers, probably because it compiles the
code as C++ as opposed to C. It should be fixed now.

David Fifield

David,

Thanks. That does allow it to compile correctly. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to run correctly. I get the following error on the server side as soon as a connection is made to it, and the program exits:

$ ./ncat.exe -vvv -l --proxy-type http --proxy-auth user:pass 8080
Ncat version 4.85BETA7 ( http://nmap.org/ncat )
Listening on 0.0.0.0:8080
fork: No error

This is the client command I was using to connect:

$ ./ncat.exe -v --proxy localhost:8080 --proxy-type http --proxy-auth user:pass aaa.bbb.ccc.15 22
Ncat version 4.85BETA7 ( http://nmap.org/ncat )
Connected to 127.0.0.1.

If I try these same commands on my Linux box, everything works correctly, and I'm shown the expected output from the client (the SSH banner on aaa.bbb.ccc.15).

Thanks,

Thomas