Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Looking for zenmap authors and speakers

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:34:48 -0700

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 05:55:56PM +0100, Nils Magnus wrote:

1/ I am looking for speakers about nmap or othe security tools for the
LinuxTag conference, taking place in Berlin, Germany, June 24 - 27, 2009 (I
serve there as Program Chair). Conference language is English or German, but
the security track will be predominantly English. The first stage is already
over, but you can still submit proposals to

    https://www.linuxtag.org/vcc/

in the next few days. In doubt refer to this message.

2/ Completely unrelated, I am looking for an author that is able to
describe/review zenmap and/or one or more other tools for the next issue of
Linux-Magazin (I work there as an editor). Deadlines are rather tight (until
Easter), but I am only looking for a short article (some 12,000 chars).
Again, German and English are equally accepted. This is a good opportunity to
tell the world about the slightly lesser known siblings of nmap. There may be
a small financial compensation possible.

I met Nils last year when he visited California, and he's a great guy!
I hope people take him up on these offers.  It is an excellent way to
spread the word about Nmap far and wide.  And there is so much new
stuff to talk about!  NSE, Zenmap, Ncat, Ndiff, and on and on!  I
speak at conferences when I can (such as CanSecWest earlier this
month), but there is always room for more speakers.  And if you've
always wanted to present, but hesitated, this is a great way to start.

Writing an article about Zenmap is even easier--you don't have the
stress of getting up in front of hundreds of people.  And heck, Zenmap
is already very well documented at http://nmap.org/book/zenmap.html.
Surely one of the Zenmap aficionados has some tips and tricks to
share?

German speakers (writers) are especially well qualified, though Nils
says that English is fine too.

Cheers,
-F