Nmap Development mailing list archives

Installation of nmap on HP UX 11.31

From: "David Meyer" <david.meyer () sec101 ch>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:21:26 +0100

Hello Nmap development/support team

I would like to install nmap-4.76. To do so I downloaded the build
dependencies like gmake gcc ... and did

# ./configure

# gmake

# gmake install

after the successful installation I get the following error:

# nmap google.com

Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-11 17:16 MEZ

Warning: File ./nmap-services exists, but Nmap is using
/usr/local/share/nmap/nmap-services for security and consistency
reasons.  set NMAPDIR=. to give priority to files in your local
directory (may affect the other data files too).

Warning: Hostname google.com resolves to 3 IPs. Using 74.125.45.100.

getsysroutes: route_loop() failed

QUITTING!

I did not found any advice to resolve that problem. Could you please be
so kind to help me and tell me what I could do to use nmap on my HP UX
box.

Information:

Box: hp: rx2660 (Integrity IA64)

OS: HP UX 11.31 (March 2008)

Thank you.

PS: If you need some more information don't hesitate, let me know.

Kind Regards

David Meyer
System Engineer