Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Google/Nmap SoC 2009 Project Ideas?

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:33:03 -0500

Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Fyodor wrote:
Some of the ideas:
1) Implementation of phases in scripting Engine. e.g. that some scripts
can be executed on the end of all port scans and when all other scripts
are finished.
That's already implemented, to a point, with runlevels. For example, my smb-brute.nse script will run before other smb-* scripts.

Something I'd kind of like, though, is two-way interaction between scripts, so scripts can "work together". I don't think that's reasonable to expect, though, it'd get sticky fast.

2) Implementation of script only execution (possibility to pass open
ports/services on command line).
Or just tell it which scripts to run.

On that note, I'd be interested in wildcards for specifying scripts.
$ nmap --script=smb-* ...

Ron