Nmap Development mailing list archives

zenmap compare results gtk.Expander not redrawing properly

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 22:06:43 +0000

Hi folks,

I'm seeing a bit of strangeness with Zenmaps Compare Results window with
the 4.85 BETA3 package for windows as well as current svn.

When expanding and then contracting either of the "Scan Output" text
widgets, the widgets on the right-hand side of the window collapse into
the left-hand side.  At this point the window seems to hang (if the
window loses focus to another window and then gets focus back, it will
be blank) and only by moving the window a little will it redraw - at
which point all the widgets are displayed in their correct positions.
Have a look at this flash vid to better see what I mean:
http://jahboite.co.uk/files/bab/zdvr.html

I can't see anything wrong with the code in zenmapGUI/DiffCompare.py
except that it seems that the queue_resize() in resize_vpane() (which I
/think/ is the bit of code in question) doesn't seem to do the trick
until the window is moved.

Anyone else see this?

Regards,

jah