Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] nmap library problems

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:23:57 -0700

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 09:19:30PM -0700, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Patrick Donnelly
<batrick.donnelly () gmail com> wrote:
3) nmap.newtry(), when passed no catch handler function, returns a
function which does nothing for all inputs. This is inconsistent with
the documentation which requires it raise an error if the first
argument is false. The catch function is called only before the error.

Apologies this was incorrect. The current implementation used a "do
nothing" function in place of the optional parameter which I confused
as the actual return value.

Does this change your patch at all?

I do plan to review your patch, it's just that I have been pretty deep
in the performance project lately. Of course anyone else can review it
and help everyone out. This can be as simple as applying the patch and
reporting works/doesn't, or you can ask question's about Patrick's new
code or make implementation suggestions.

David Fifield