Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New SMB marshalling logic

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 10:43:39 -0600

Ron wrote:
Hi all,

I've spent the past couple weeks writing new marshalling logic for my
SMB code, and fixing bugs in it that Brandon found. At this point, it's
finished and stable, but I wanted to get comments on it before merging
it with the main branch. The code is here:
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/ron/smb-marshalling

The primary differences are in msrpc.lua and msrpctypes.lua (which is a
new file). I broke off msrpctypes because it's 4000 lines. Standard
implementations use a separate file for each type of function (SAMR,
LSA, SRVSVC, etc), but I figured that'd be too much sprawl, and that one
file was enough.

The biggest advantage to the updated marshalling code is that it
properly understands pointers, structures, and arrays, so if it's
hitting a system that implements it differently from Windows, it'll
still work. Also, because I've implemented a lot of the base types
(nttime, gid, sid, strings, etc), adding new function calls is a bit
easier.

So anyway, take a look and let me know if you have any suggestions. If
not, I'll call it stable, dump it into the main branch, and start
working on some cool new features. :)

Ron

I went ahead and merged this with the main trunk. It's been tested quite
thoroughly by Brandon and I'm satisfied with it.

I'm still happy to make changes if anybody has an issue.

Ron

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org/