Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Lua] printing a table

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:36:32 -0600

Patrick Donnelly wrote:

This isn't really something needed for a script to do its job. So
putting it in the main branch is not something I would recommend.
I agree; at the same time, though, it'd be nice to have a collection of
debugging functions to use while developing. I frequently find myself
writing code to do the same thing when I have an issue. Printing out a
table is by far the most common, and I posted code when I was first
starting .

I suppose I can have a local file for doing debug stuff, but then others
don't have the chance to benefit from it.

Thoughts?

Also, you may want to become familiar with the Lua wiki where you will
find a lot of useful code. For example, [1] has code to print a table

[1] http://lua-users.org/wiki/TableSerialization
Nice! I searched a bit for a function like that, but didn't find one (I
might have seen that page, but saw it was serialization and skipped it).
I'm happy to see that my code looks almost identical to their code (the
simple version, anyway).

Ron

--
Ron Bowes