Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fix and addon to http-auth.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:33:07 -0700

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 08:52:13AM +0100, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
David Fifield wrote:
You can rewrite the authentication-testing loop in a more idiomatic
style. Instead of
        for i = 1, #authcombinations, 1 do
use
        for _, combination in ipairs(authcombinations) do
Please add an @output section as described at
http://nmap.org/book/nse-documentation.html#nse-documentation-script
Since you must have a server to test this against now is a good
opportunity to record this script's output.

Done that. New diff of script is in attachment.

Thanks, it looks good and I have applied it. Let me apologize, the
script already had an @output section. I don't know how I missed it. My
instructions must have been confusing. Thanks, though, for including the
output for successful authentication.

Can you give examples of applications that use test:test by default for
authentication? I want to be sure there's evidence for it before adding
it to the script.

Not sure about the applications, but lot of tutorials on the web have
this as example.

I would like to see measurements first before adding another user
name/password pair. It would be good to know just how common test:test
and admin:test are, compared to admin:and admin:admin. I left the test:
combinations out for now.

David Fifield