Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: All Ports shown using -sU

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:18:38 -0700

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 04:11:12PM +0100, Tobias Glemser wrote:
Hi,

I recognized a change in the behavior of nmap. If scanning using -sU
(without -p) on a host with no UDP Port open and therefore no response on
any port I get each scanned port in the result list as "open/filtered". In
previous versions no port showed up, just a statement that "all XXX ports
where open/filtered". Is there a way to change the actual behavior back,
cause the log files are quite huge now.

Maybe you are using a lot of debug (-v) or verbosity (-v) options?  I
get the consolidation when I do this:

# nmap -sU scanme.nmap.org

Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2008-10-31 13:25 PDT
All 1000 scanned ports on scanme.nmap.org (64.13.134.52) are open|filtered

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 7.21 seconds

Even with one -v or -d I get the same consolidation.

Cheers,
-F