Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] MSRPC Libraries (stable, I hope!)

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:01:16 -0500

David Fifield wrote:
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 08:56:15AM -0500, Ron wrote:

Presumably the account names are in some known multi-byte encoding, so
you could pull out the code points and put them in an array or
something. But then the hard part is knowing what to do on output. You
would have to know the encoding of the terminal for interactive output,
so the code-points could be re-encoded into a byte string. It looks like
there is a lua-iconv library that could convert the character strings
but you still have the difficulty of possibly handling different
encodings in interactive and XML output.

David Fifield

Hmm, sounds tricky. I think I'll stick with doing it my way and let somebody else worry about that in the next layer up, for all scripts.

Ron