Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: bug message in zenmapGUI in version 4.75

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:11:20 -0600

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 01:50:23PM +0200, Toralf Förster wrote:
But I can't reproduce the other two exeptions you mention. They seem to
have to do with the lists of recent scans and targets, which are stored
in ~/.zenmap/recent_scans.txt and ~/.zenmap/target_list.txt. Make a coyp
of those files, then delete them and see if you still get the exception.
If it goes away, then please send me the copies so I can see what might
be wrong.

I did it as requested :

tfoerste@n22 ~/.zenmap $ mv recent_scans.txt recent_scans.txt.old
tfoerste@n22 ~/.zenmap $ mv target_list.txt target_list.txt.old

tfoerste@n22 ~/.zenmap $ zenmap ../tmp/n22.usr
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/zenmapGUI/higwidgets/higboxes.py:35:
GtkWarning: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed
  self.pack_start(widget, expand=False, fill=False)
Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound
method RecentScans.__del__ of <zenmapCore.RecentScans.RecentScans object at
0xa7843cc>> ignored
Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound
method TargetList.__del__ of <zenmapCore.TargetList.TargetList object at
0xa36342c>> ignored

I still couldn't reproduce this but I removed the __del__ methods
referred to, for they were unnecessary and possibly dodgy as you showed.

David Fifield