Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Malfunction with nmap

From: H Dixon <tai_mai_shu2002 () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 16:36:41 +0000

Thanks for your quick reply Brandon. I updated my NIC. For a second I actually thought Nmap was working through but the
connection still died (It doesn't show i lost my connection on my network device--just doesn't let me ping/connect to a
website). However I might have found the culprit. Using the ethereal sniffer I discovered that in one minute of the
scan i have 56 UDP packets and 2,856 ARP requests.  So, that's about 48 Arp requests a second. So we can be pretty much
assured it's not nmap. Just my card can't handle all the requests at once? What's your take on the situation. Thanks,
Heath