Nmap Development mailing list archives

RFC - nmap "crawl" feature / script

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:00:22 -0500

I have been pondering this feature since the --traceroute option was added.

I wonder if it would be possible to have nmap crawl the hops.  So that
after scanning the system you targeted, nmap will automatically scan
each of the hosts along the way with the same command-line options
(minus the option asking for the crawl -- we don't to scan the same
systems multiple times).

I am working on a perl script to read an nmap output file and scan
from the traceroute data, but it would be easier if it were possible
straight from nmap.

I plan on using Nmap::Parser 1.16 for the perl script, but I don't see
a built in method to access the traceroute data.  I may end up using
XML::Twig raw and pulling it out that way.

But before I start doing anything, has anyone else ever considered
this a desirable feature?  If so, has someone already written a script
to handle it?

Thank you.

-Jason

--
NOTICE: Reading this email message requires root privileges which you
do not appear to possess. Sorry, dude.