Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Missing getaddrinfo on Windows 2000--almost solved

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:27:27 -0600

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 09:56:06AM +0200, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Thanks for testing.
I worked on this some more today and committed what I think is a
solution. Recall that it was the NTDDI_VERSION preprecessor symbol,
defined in Visual Studio 2008, that was causing the trouble. It brought
in non-standard declarations of inet_ntop and inet_pton.
I don't have access to Windows 2000 to test it, but it compiles and I
can verify that the replacement getaddrinfo function is being used by
looking at the preprocessor output. I'd like someone with Windows 2000
to give r9700 a try.

I've tested r9700 under W2K SP4 and I can confirm it works.

Great, thanks to everyone for testing. I assume that IPv6 scanning
doesn't work on Windows 2000, but does work on Windows XP (using the
same binary)?

David Fifield