Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ndiff ready to be tested

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 01:28:26 -0700

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 01:23:44AM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:44:47PM -0400, Michael Pattrick wrote:

81.174.236.66:
        Port 10000/tcp was open
        Port 10000/tcp was listening with an snet-sensor-mgmt server

One more thing I forgot to mention is that it would be nice if it told
the new state of port 10,000 in this example.  As we've mentioned,
there are certain cases where it might not know (e.g. if some
extraports are in filtered and others are closed).  But you could
print the new port in cases like this one, where all the extraports
are in one state (filtered in this case).  Or you could extend Nmap's
xml output as has been discussed on Nmap-dev to list all the ports in
each extraports state.

Cheers,
-F