Nmap Development mailing list archives

Boolean operators for --script

From: "Patrick Donnelly" <batrick.donnelly () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:38:32 -0600

Hello,

I have added to --script the ability to use boolean operators (Lua
boolean operators [1]). This allows you to do things like: --script
"discovery and not intrusive", which would only load scripts that are
designed to discover services but are not "intrusive". This function
hopefully give users finer control over what scripts are used against
a host.

You can (and please do!) test this in my branch:
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/patrick/bool

Please note that this requires an incompatible change to the script
database and thus must be remade (nmap --script-updatedb).

[1] http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#2.5.3

Cheers,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant