Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap 4.65 and Solaris 10

From: "Tony Cap" <tonycap26 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:21:44 -0400

Hi all -

Having nmap core dump issue with the following setup:

First off here is my basic nmap command and core dump error:

# nmap 192.168.10.10

Starting Nmap 4.65 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2008-06-25 15:07 EDT
Assertion failed: diff <= interval, file timing.cc, line 352
Abort - core dumped
#

Basic System install:

This is a fresh install of Solaris 10 (Developers build) x86 in VMWorkstation 6.0.4.  The only change I've made to this
install of Solaris (beside normal patch updates) is changing the path to include dependancies for nmap (gcc, etc. ) in
the following directories /usr/sfw/bin or /usr/sfw/sbin.

I downloaded nmap 4.65 from insecure.org, ./compiled it.
make did not work correctly - getting errors such as "Makefile, line 1: Need an operator", SO I ran gmake. (as
instructed...)
Everything installed with out issue after that into /usr/local/bin

Added /usr/local/bin to the path.

Anyone seen this before?  Does anyone have success running nmap 4.65 on a Solaris 10 x86 box natively (NO VMWare...)
Maybe a VMWare issue?  Let me know your thoughts.

Much Thanks!

Tony