Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap search interface redesigned

From: Vladimir Mitrovic <snipe714 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:35:49 +0200

Hi Michael,

I tried it out but didn't think my input was important as I don't
really use zenmap :p

Everyone's input is important! :)

However, it is a big improvement over the old search, far more
intuitive and polished. I especially like how the help file is
presented.

That's good to hear.

Suggestions:
 - If you have a scan both saved and open in zenmap the search
interface will list it twice. It should probably check for duplicates
somehow.

Yup, this is on my TODO, I'll look into it.

 - I would like it if the help disappeared when you click any zenmap
window, instead of just the help window.

Good suggestion, will do.

 - I would also suggest displaying the scan time as well as the date,
I imagine it would become quite confusing if someone scanned the same
hosts a few times in one day - to test out a new firewall instillation
for example; all the scans would be titled the same.

I like this. Thanks for the suggestions!

Cheers,
Vladimir