Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap and VC++ 2008

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:51:16 +0530

Hey everyone,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com> wrote:
It's much like Marek's patch, but I added conditionals rather than
just removing a bunch of stuff.  I started this mainly in the libdnet
section (where ws2tcpip.h was replaced with defining IP_HDRINCL), but
if I'm going to do it there, I had might as well do it everywhere
(it's not like it's much extra).
<snip>
If you find a cleaner way to get this working, that'd be even better.
I'll continue to look at this, but I keep running into compilation and
run-time errors doing things a different way.

OK, I've been able to simplify and clean up the sections in libdnet
and nbase I didn't feel too good about.  I was also able to make minor
improvements in building libdnet on Windows (via previously
commented-out defines).

I've built and run Nmap, and everything seems in order (it scans
properly, still handles version detection with SSL, etc).

I think it's in a condition that's acceptable for /nmap (unless
somebody has a better idea than #undef NTDDI_VERSION in nbase.h ??).
But of course I'd like other peoples' testimonials and opinions before
I move it over, so please give it a try and let me know how it goes
now.

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn