Nmap Development mailing list archives

A bug, probably another bug and a probable patch

From: "Mike pattrick" <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:02:58 -0400

Hey everyone,

First bug:
Zenmap crashes on commands such as "nmap --version" and "nmap
--iflist". David speculated that it has something to do with those
commands not producing XML.

Second bug:
The error occurs when you flip the hardware wifi switch at the front
of the computer to the off position and run "nmap --iflist". The error
is a failed assertion. This one is a little wired, I got a few of my
friends to test it out and they had mixed results, some hit the bug,
some didn't. It was tested on two R60's and a T60, both R60's
experienced the error while the T60 didn't.

I'm writing a patch for it right now but I would like it if some other
people with laptops that have hardware wifi switches tested this out.

Thanks for the help,
Michael.