Nmap Development mailing list archives

Any Win32 porting clues?

From: " mixter () gmail com" <mixter () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:09:34 +0200

Hi,

I'm in the process of porting ncat to MSVC++. Ncat itself takes
a lot of the general constructs of nmap, but has unix-specific
stuff added (e.g. unconditional use of unistd.h, whereas nmap
includes all such system specific headers conditionally).

Does anyone have clues / a recommended manual for porting
network things to MSVC++?

By commenting out some, and using directives which it already
had it common with nmap like HAVE_NETINET_IN_H I've been
able to do some porting. Currently, I'm stuck with missing definitions....

ncat\sys_wrap.h(41) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'socklen_t'

Any idea where native Windows may specify such, or any suggestions
which Windows things to include in a network project in general? (Native
Windows one of the few things in development I've managed to avoid in
many years;)

Thanks!