Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap on Mac OS X howto

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:44:55 -0600

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 06:39:35PM -0400, Daniel Johnson wrote:

On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:00 PM, David Fifield wrote:
Any Mac users care to comment? I'm working on creating a .app bundle
of
Zenmap, however that is turning out to be more difficult than
anticipated.

I've tried this several times and never got it working. There are so
many dependencies that the process seems very fragile. But the biggest
issue is that even if you succeed, the .app bundle will be useless
anyway unless you're logged in as root when you run it. You could
certainly run it from Terminal with sudo, but then there isn't much
point in having an .app bundle. :)

Maybe we can make it pop up an authentication dialog: "Zenmap requires
that you type your password."

David Fifield