Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Bug]? -iR <num_hosts> on windows XP generates duplicate targets

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 22:08:10 -0700

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 09:33:18PM -0500 or thereabouts, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
But what are the odds of you mentioning this hanging so soon after this
(bit hostile) email[1] which mentions the exact behavior Nmap exhibits
when I only use /dev/random?  Apparently his Linux box doesn't have
urandom (or it's a very strange coincidence since I've never had Nmap
just hang immediately for any other reason..)

I think David's diagnosis was correct: OP forgot a " character. :)