Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: zenmap as root error

From: eldraco <eldraco () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:47:56 -0300

Hi Aaron,

Hope this helps you. Perhaps you already think about this, but...
Try to set the DISPLAY variable before.

If I don't set it before, I have the same output:

#zenmap
Segmentation fault

But after I set It, it works like a charm:

export DISPLAY=:0

and in my linux I also do as my non-root user,   xhost +
(checkout your firewall's rules before)

I'm using debian so I don't know if Suse sets the variable by default.

Never the less, zenmap should'n break like this.
I'm attaching the zenmap debug output in case someone needs it. (export
ZENMAP_DEVELOPMENT=1)

Linux Aquaviva 2.6.24-1-686 #1 SMP Mon Feb 11 14:37:45 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
Python 2.4.5
libpango1.0-0                         1.20.0-1
libgtk2.0-0                           2.12.9-2
python-gtk2                           2.12.1-1

cheers

sebas