Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap on x64 Vista?

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:53:48 -0000

Hi David,

It was a fairly clean install of 2008, no existing WinPcap files were
present. I then installed Nmap 4.60 off the Nmap website and made sure that
Nmap's 4.0.2 was selected. I didn't reboot after installing Nmap's 4.0.2;
but I've now tried reinstalling and rebooting and I still get the same
"dnet: Failed to open device eth6" error that I got before.

The only way I appear to be able to get it to work is to install the
official WinPcap (which then works immediately, no restart required).

Rob