Nmap Development mailing list archives

Problem: Won't load the "Bit"-module.

From: "Isaac Caceres" <s1ay3r.no0n3 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:16:24 +0100

Hi!
I've got a problem with nmap 4.53 which I have installed via rpm. I'm using
Linux OpenSuSE 10.3 and kernel 2.6.22.17-0.1-default on an x86 arch. Nmap
runs fine, but when it gets to load the step for the scriptengine it can't.

The errormessage that I always get is:

LUA INTERPRETER in nse_init.cc:740: error loading module 'bit' from file
'/usr/libexec/nmap/nselib-bin/bit.so':
        /usr/libexec/nmap/nselib-bin/bit.so: undefined symbol:
lua_pushnumber
SCRIPT ENGINE: Aborting script scan.

I've looked for an answer in various sites and documentation but no answer
to the problem. When I installed it I never got any dependency error. I
downloaded LUA 5.1.3 and installed it to see if this was the solution, but
it still remains. Don't know if this can be a bug.

So i'm wondering if you perhaps know what it can be.

Thanks in advance.

/No-0n3