Nmap Development mailing list archives

Simultaneous invocations of nmap

From: Rick Rineholt <cr22rc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:29:30 -0500

Hi
Has anyone done any performance studies on invoking simultaneous
instances of nmap on the same machine each covering separate subnets
versus executing a single instance specifying all the subnets?  One
reason I ask is I thought I read some info that nmap has some built in
mechanism to throttle back sending out explanatory packets if it starts
losing too many and surely having more than one instance at a time
running I would think would interfere with that mechanism.
Are there any guide lines available to help performance of discoveries
on very large networks?
Thanks