Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SegFaults on Script Engine Initialization

From: Jay Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:38:17 -0800

Kris Katterjohn wrote:
Jay Chandler wrote:
Interesting. I was running the initial scan with -A and -v as flags.
Running nmap -d -sC on one host completes successfully, running it on
the /23 also completes successfully (or at least makes good
headway!).  What would the -A be calling differently?

(I'm running it now with the -A and -d flags, I'll post the error log
when it hits it...)

Well -A is like also using -sV, so maybe that's causing an extra
script to run and that extra script is causing the segfault somehow.

I'm not very intimate with the NSE innards, but hopefully I know
enough help out or narrow it down some for someone who knows more.

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn

http://www.sequestered.net/~jay/errorlog.txt has the debug string.

Strangely, the same command on the same build of nmap worked correctly
on MacOS 10.5.2

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist