Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: QSCAN patch updated for 4.50

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:25:19 -0800

Hi Jah,

Thanks for the update on compiling qscan with windows. Ya,
the header files are sometimes a bit different. Thanks for
letting us know about this. I'll put an ifdef around that
include next time I build the path.

WRT reduced functionality, the only thing I can think of
is that nmap doesn't use the packet arrival times from winpcap
because of (former?) bugs. Instead, it calls gettimeofday()
after receiving the packet from winpcap. I think even this
might not impact functionality though because every time
will likely be off by a small and constant factor which
makes no diff to qscan (it only looks at time differences).

Thanks for the update!

Doug